Eligible students are those who meet the Ministry of Education criteria for eligibility.
To be eligible, students must:
- Live more than 2.4km from any suitable public transport service
- To be suitable, a public bus service must travel from within 2.4km from home and to within 2.4km of school, with not more than one transfer and within a suitable timeframe (not starting before 7.30am).
- Live more than 3.2km from their nearest appropriate school (or 4.8km if in year 9 or over) Students who meet the above criteria and are attending their nearest school are entitled to free transport to and from school.
Students who are not attending their nearest school may be able to use the TTNG buses to get to school. In the case of Intermediate students, this is subject to their nearest full primary school giving permission.
There will be a fare of $300 per year to be paid to your school, this fare will be reviewed annually.
- There is a $20 discount for families who pay the full annual fare in term 1. In this case the annual fare would be $280.00 per student.
- There is a $20.00 discount for families who have more than one sibling attending the same school and living in the same home. In this case the annual fare would be $280.00 or $70.00 per term per student.
- Where the annual fare is paid in term 1 and a family discount applies, the annual fare would be $260.00 per student.
- It is up to each school whether or not to accept payment per term / 6 month / annual, but the annual fee of $300 applies to all students regardless of year level.
- Students attending their nearest Level 1 or Level 2 Maori Immersion Unit (such as at Maungatapu School or Tauranga Intermediate) are deemed to be attending their nearest school. The distance and public transport criteria still apply.