To be eligible for a ride on the school bus your family needs to live beyond the limits of the Regional Council’s Schoolhopper bus service. To view Schoolhopper routes, please click here.
Out of transport zone families
Many of the families attending Otumoetai Intermediate live closer to Te Puna, Whakamarama or Kaimai Schools. For this reason, the Group is not able to provide a bus service in all cases. This affects families living in the following areas:
- Te Puna, east of Snodgrass Road
- Whakamarama, south of 134a Whakamarama Road
- Youngson Road, south of Plummer Road
- Omanawa Road south of Peers Road
- McLaren Falls Road, Ruahihi Road and Gunga Lane
- Poripori and Kumikumi Roads
Students living in these areas are able to catch the bus to school, but they must make their own way to the zone boundaries unless they have permission from those neighbouring schools. Families living in those neighbouring school zones are also required to pay a fare.
The following buses provide a service to Otumoetai Intermediate.