To be eligible for a ride on the school bus your family needs to live more than 3.2km from Tauriko School and not have access to a suitable public bus service. This includes the following roads and areas:
- SH29 between Belk Road and the Ruahihi Power Station
- Omanawa Road between SH29 and Peers Road, including Jensen and Tomsett Roads
- Belk Road east of #30, including the southern part of Wintrebre Lane, Griffin Road, Melville Road and Lawry Lane
Families living in the areas north and east of Tauriko School are not eligible for a free service by virtue of the public bus service available. A fare-paying afternoon service is provided by the Group to help relieve the considerable traffic issues faced by the school at that time of day.
Parents should note that there is no casual fare-paying service available. The only students able to board a bus are those with a bus pass.
Kaimai zone families
Many of the families attending Tauriko School live closer to Kaimai School. For this reason, the Group is not able to provide a bus service in all cases. This affects families living in the following areas:
- Omanawa Road south of Peers Road
- McLaren Falls Road, Ruahihi Road and Gunga Lane
- Poripori and Kumikumi Roads
Tauriko students living in these areas are able to catch the bus to school, but they must make their own way to the zone boundaries unless they have permission from Kaimai School to board inside their zone. The two zone boundaries are at Sarona Park and at 1378 SH2, near the power station. Families living in the Kaimai zone are also required to pay a fare.
The following buses provide a service to Tauriko School students:
|Route 12 – Ruahihi Road, Poripori Road, Kumikumi Road||AM map||PM map|
|Route 13 – Belk Road, Wintrebre Lane, Melville Road, Omanawa Road, Tomsett Road, Jensen Road, Redwood Lane||AM map|
|Route 14 – Omanawa Road, Belk Road||AM map||PM map|
|Route 7 – Cambridge Road, Miles Lane, Westridge Drive||PM map|
|Route 18 – Lakes Boulevard, Scoria Drive, Bathurst Cres, Lakeview Quay||PM Map|
A priority service system operates on this service to ensure that eligible students have a seat on the bus first. The levels of priority are:
A guaranteed seat is available to priority 1 students. Priority 2 and 3 students are able to ride the bus where space allows. Please contact the school office to see if there is room for your child. A fare is payable for all priority 2 and 3 students.
- Students that live further than 3.2km from Tauriko School and this school is their nearest
- Students that live closer to a different school (e.g. Kaimai School)
- Students that live within 3.2km on the southern side of Tauriko School